I recently found this recipe online, and since Grandma proudly proclaims that “Idaho potatoes are the BEST potatoes” I thought I’d try it out.
The recipe calls this an Idaho Sunrise. This is my variation, which adds cheese and pico de gallo:
- Pre-bake your potatoes the night before
- Cut off the tops and hollow out the potato
- Sprinkle the inside of the potato with grated cheese
- Place some crumbled bacon on top of the cheese
- Crack your egg into the potato
- Cook for 20-30 minutes on 350 in the oven
- Top with an avocado slice
Grandma ate all of hers yesterday!